Friday, October 6, 2006

Book ends

Well, that was a week. I think just "off" is a good way to categorize just how this week has felt for me. Just some not so positive stuff going on around me sprinkled in with a few things that have brightened up my day.

I can't believe it is thanksgiving weekend. A year ago we were worried about our cat, wondering what to do, and now I am wondering what day I should go and visit my not-doing-so-great Gran. Not so funny how life seems to go in cycles at times. We are, or should I say, I am getting better at the sharing holidays thing. I think being at the next stage (we are married, we have our own family) makes all this easier. Both our sides have equal stakes and both sides seem to respect that more.

I am getting out for more walks - the hill I trudge up is getting slightly easier, read I am not panting at the halfway mark, and after a few moments of taking stock of things on the way back down the hill, I would have to admit I am doing pretty damn good for 10 weeks away from labour. I fit in to my clothes, and well, I guess now that I have more time to think about it, I guess I am just feeling impatient about a few things - toning up a bit, and getting some house stuff done. I am learning a new kind of patience, getting things done as they get done, not in a big rush like how I used to do things at a frenetic pace.

Fall is arriving - I also have a yen to get out there and soak up some autumn colours. I am getting out a lot more than before, but it is all within walking distance during the day, so I guess I am getting to the stage where I do want to get out more, see more. I don't necessarily need the public filled spaces, I have more yearnings to get out in the woods, or parks, or near the water more so than the urban centers. I don't feel that isolated from people at this stage. I can thank my dear friends and family for that. At some point there will be a place for parenting groups.. but so far so good.... can't wait to do water babies though!!

No comments: