Monday, June 1, 2015

A political twist

This was a book recommended by one of our local librarians when I asked for something different.  For me, this is a different read as it deals with U.S. politics and what would happen if a woman was the president.

It is a fairly fast-paced book, and follows the stories of three woman, Charlotte (the prez), Dale (reporter and woman having affair with the prez' husband), and Melanie (Chief of Staff).  This follows a political crisis leading up to the path to Charlotte's potential re-election for a second term.

This is a decent read, with some insights in to how life on the "eighteen acres" of the White House is, and how many players are involved.  I enjoyed it well enough, and have picked up the second book in the series.  While I am not about to start shouting from the rooftops about this book, it is an interesting diversion from what I have been reading. We shall see.

No comments: