Friday, June 5, 2015

It's okay.

These feel like summer reads.  They are somewhat entertaining (this one felt like what may have happened if Palin had been elected), and they move along pretty quickly.  Eventually I will crack and finish out this trilogy.

I found I had somewhat less patience with this novel, I wasn't all that keen on the unraveling of the female vice president, and how it dealt with depression and somewhat controlling marriage.  It felt like there were a few loose strings in this one.

One of the themes that is interesting throughout these books is about female leadership - not only what we can bring to the table, but how hard it can be as a woman to manage different responsibilities and priorities.  I think of that saying, woman CAN have it all, just not at the same time.  This kind of rings true when you look at the female characters in this novel, and how they all pay a price for their intense careers in their family lives.

No comments: