Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Glamping.

Glamping. WTF? Channel surfing the other morning, I came across a little piece that talked about Glamping. That name certainly got my attention.

Apparently, for all the male and female princesses out there, camping has been revamped for the not-so-liking-the-great-outdoors crowd and reinvented as "glamping". This is an urbanized form of camping in which camping experiences are made more glamorous through the addition of many comfort items, designer fabrics, and an assortment of personal hygiene helpers (to say the least). Hence, the term "glamping".

Being one of those folk who figure plaid shirts, the smell of camp fire, clothes that were clean a few days, and bad hair is the way it is when you camp, this is just ridiculous. I guess not everyone is lucky enough to have a significant other that likes to camp, but seriously folks, there is a time and a place to leave the electronic gadgets at home, the mirrors, and the worrying about appearances and having every little comfort at your fingertips, and just kick back and enjoy the back 40. If you have to go to such extremes to bring your house to the woods, well, we don't want you here!!!

I would also assume that glampers come with the little punto dogs that I feel so much affection for. Yes, there is the occasional small dog that I *do* like, but they are few and far between. Give me a real dog. And for me, a real dog is at least a medium sized one that comes above the knee, IMHO.

No comments: