Friday, August 17, 2007

choice bits

Now that I am juggling work and our lives at home, it seems that updating my blog has become a little harder to do. I laughed when I noticed that it has already been a week since I last graced this place.

Crack book is a crazy program. It brings back lots of memories of old friends and older versions of your self as a result. I was flipping through a friend's pictures and saw a few posted of a dear friend that passed away a few years ago, and I found myself getting a little choked up - that's life, but it is actually kind of cool to go to an internet place to be at a fingertip length from those old friends, and see how they are doing in a way where you are finding that kind of thing out directly from them, rather than through the big gossip circuit. The pictures and some of the stories are the best part - seeing how people have changed, who has kids, who is married, who isn't anymore, glimpsing just a few pages of people's stories that have touched your life. Parts of 'book are just time consuming, but parts are really cool too.

Had a client come in today and make a point of asking me how I am so positive and energetic. Isn't this the million dollar question? I have always had boundless energy, and am pretty happy-go-lucky, and I seem to bounce pretty good (even when life has handed me some really rotten lemons)... but how to you explain how you are how you are?? I figure it comes down to choices - being 6 feet up is better than 6 feet below, and every day is a gift. Just like I have a fairly flexible idea about god - god for me is love and the magic of being infused with life and every one has their own path to knowing god (I could go more in to this but suffice to know my views aren't exactly mainstream but they aren't that out there either), but that every day we have a choice on how we act and interact with our environment and the people that are around us, and from those relationships we can take a lot of energy, even as we are giving that energy back to the system. It is hard to articulate in a space like this without a lot of hand waving, but I try to say what matters, do what counts, and life as honestly as I can. If I get tripped up, I admit my mistakes and try to dust myself off.

Speaking of which, work is absolute chaos and I have contemplated the joys of a spiced rum and coke tonight. Definitely a friday night and I see movies and take out in our future. Being back at work is so strange, how fast everything has come back to me, how quickly you settle in to a new rhythm and ironically enough, how hard it was to change my name around here, even though I was only hyphenating my name! Now to keep things somewhat unsettled, next week I am on holidays for a week because our daycare lady is on holidays. What a new reality!

No comments: