Sunday, March 25, 2007

A whole year.

Last night we celebrated our first anniversary of making it legal.

Where has the last year gone? I may have mentioned previously but I think we have pretty much reinvented most things about ourselves in the last months. We've got a baby! We have newer cars (and we have 2 of them), we painted our living room, and we upgraded our pots and pans! And this is just scratching the surface of the changes, but essentially our core has stayed the same, just the window decorations have evolved. There is also just more of us now.

I got a little spoiled for our anniversary with a few surprise hours at a spa and I now have happy toes painted a rich and sparkly burgundy. We went for dinner at the revolving restaurant in Vancouver. I didn't know where we were going, although I did know we were going to use one of our coupons (which always makes me happy, I am so wired in to using coupons to save money right now). I have never been here before - for all the years I seemed to be in Vancouver more than my little town in the burbs where I grew up, I never really did go to a lot of fancy, or even nice restaurants. Pubs suited my budget in those years.

I would actually recommend this restaurant for visitors, for romance, for something breath taking. The views were amazing, and like our wedding, the rains finally ceased and the skies opened up, showing the blue sky and rewarding us with a sunset. It felt strange to be childless, and it was nice to be all swanky in nice clothes, eating good food, and just reveling in each other's company. I know I am waxinb poetic, but it is the first time we have been out for a nice dinner since before Bubs, so it was a big deal, we were also celebrating us, which was also pretty cool.
I even held off calling home and talking to my mom about Brandon until we were in the car on the way home!!!!

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

Happy belated anniversary!!