Friday, March 16, 2007

Thank You.

My whining about good reads and chick-lit paid! I have garnered some great recommendations of books to read from some fabulous ladies. THANK YOU. I can't wait to dig my teeth in to these!

It has been yet another quick week, and the highs have overpowered the lows. There are always moments in your life where you wish you could trade shoes with someone else, but I love that saying - "when life hands you lemons, make margaritas" (errrr, I think that was lemonade but I am improvising.. not that I am going to touch the hard stuff until I am done with b'feeding, but I look forward to some fruity or tangy margs when the time is right). Attitude is everything and I figure that every one is entitled to their moments, some longer than others, but there reaches a point where you just have to get over life, and realize that life is life and you gotta roll with the punches or sink in the storm.

Felt like a complete widiot the other day, grabbed the set of car keys without a house key on it. So, off I went grocery shopping for dinner, did some banking, went home and couldn't get in. No folks upstairs, baby that was getting fussy, oh yeah, I was batting a 1000. Drove myself back up the hill to call my DH, and he laughed at me. Hard and long. I had to laugh too, it was a pretty widiot move on my part. A snap decision was made for me to head back down the hill, grab some dessert, and then meet back at home. Passed each other on the hill, and then I ended up in the longest drive through wait of 3 cars I have experienced in a long time. I would have turned around if I wasn't boxed in - that was when Brandon decided that he was done with being in the car and started to wail. Up went my window as I tried what I could to soothe him and get moving again.

Today I had a fabulous outting with a dear friend (whom has her own little bump) and it was such a high - it was like the mutual admiration society. I wonder if the changes I see in her, you could see in me when I was 24 weeks along. Watching someone you love blossom in to a mother is a gift.

And, we got great news about our boy. Last week things didn't look so good in terms of his shunt, however, with the miracles of science and a programmable shunt, a few hours can change everything and with this weeks follow up appointment we are in a completely different place than we were last week. Brandon is doing awesome. Some days he isn't the best sleeper, some days he isn't as smiley as others, but all in all, he humbles me. He has such a great nature (and I am not just biased) I am sure that I am learning as much from him as he is from me. I am sure that as a result of being a mom, I am becoming an even better person. There are so many moments that touch my heart. And when I talk about it, and reflect upon it, as being 1/2 of a couple and now that we are parents, we are a team and we look out for each other, and our own. Damn cool to be able to do that. Can you believe we will have been married a year next weeek?? Where has the time gone?

No comments: