Saturday, March 17, 2007

an excuse for a guinness

According to an Irish bloke.. today is amateur day for the folks who figure they know what beers to reach for and have a good time. I think today is a lot more fun than New Years - there is so much less riding on it, you get to wear green (always a bonus), and there are lots of festivals going on which include some great music. One of my favourite bands is playing tonight and I have nothing but fond memories of bouncing up on and down on the floor at the Commodore, outdoor concerts, and the many many other venues where I have had the opportunity to see them live, and finally, the last time, with my man. Not in the cards to go tonight (Brandon is still too young to go out for that long, and well, they are sold out), and next year we will catch the parade.

I see a guinness in my near future - slainte!

2 comments:

Refinnej said...

That puzzle shit is haaaard.

Betty said...

Ok, that puzzle if fucking me up! *shakes head*

Back in the days when I went to Whistler, SoTW was staying at the same place I was for the weekend, while they played in town. They were quite nice people, as I recall. It was many moons ago, and the place (Seppos log house) is long gone. Ah, the memories!

In other fun news, my word verification for today was "boxynufz". WTF???