Monday, February 5, 2007

Fits and Starts

I am going for another round in Brandon's room to tame the spread of Ken and I's things in to the space that will be his. I am getting a little better at letting go of more things, and have almost got his furniture arranged in a Karen pleasing way.

Yes. I have a thing about moving furniture. Furniture is on the move until I feel that it has reached it's own perfect zen state. My own feng-shui at work, so to speak. Just like for some strange reason I sleep better with my head in the northern direction. Who knows. I know when I am a little odd.

Introduction of sweet potatoes has been a roaring success! Who knew that apples and naners would go over like lead farts and sweet taters would be a hit?! I am turning in to a regular do it yourself mom (no surprise) and have been preparing my own baby foods so far. Not so difficult yet, and I am aiming to introduce a new food every 3-5 days and hopefully avoid major allergies.

Brandon's naps are all over the board. I am also somewhat of a watchful hawk to make sure he gets enough sleep. That said, it seems like his bedtime is almost as obnoxious as mine. Defintely open to suggestions on how to get him to sleep earlier!!! Yes, I know that means we have to get up earlier, and today I am trying that. We got up about 8, which is entirely reasonable. Now lets see if he will go to bed for the night and be asleep by 10pm tonight. Or is this just wishful thinking?

He is nattering away and has crawled backwards away from his playmat and is making eyes at our DVD collection. Speaking of which, the home stereo system decided to up and go kaput last night. Finally having that extended warranty has paid off!!!!

No comments: