Monday, December 11, 2006

Damn fast

Today didn't feel like a monday by any stretch of the word.

Brandon and I didn't crawl out of bed until nearly 11 o'clock!!! SCORE! I can't remember the last time I was lounging in bed for that long. I guess we both needed the sleep from the weekend? Of course, it didn't help that I didn't fall asleep until 2am, but the extra sleep was great :] it sure does make the day go really quickly though.

I really did go on a laundry strike in the last week. Or perhaps just with Brandon's stuff for some strange reason. There were two full loads of babystuff. WTF?! I guess I have been putting off washing his clothes to make sure I use all those sleepers in the drawer, and try out some different outfits rather than just the tried and true. I had him in awesome colorful pants and a red shirt yesterday and it was fun to see him like that. They were his happy pants for the day.

I got a total suprise visit tonight! Nej and the boys are in town!!! So a certain favourite person of mine came by for some baby-luvin! I never understood that until now that I have my own. One of my other friend's always thought it was funny that I wouldn't notice cute babies, they didn't even blip on my radar... well... that was another thing that changed with childbirth! I notice kids. Hell, the other day at the rink there were kids EVERYWHERE!! Strange phenom. Our visit zoomed by and we had some great laughs. Amazing to pick up where you left off from, even better when the leaving off was the last email I sent her this morning!

So, no tree up yet, but the lights did go up. It is strange getting used to the LED lights... not bad, not OMG these are the best things since sliced bread, just different. I am mulling over my baking list, and the shopping list is taking shape. It seems to come just so damn fast though. I am excited to see everyone, and the food, and the good times, and watching the whole experience through a new set of eyes.

No comments: