Thursday, December 14, 2006

Because it is late... or early?

Well, knocked off a few things off the old list today.

Also dropped a mitt load at the grocery store today. OMFG it adds up quick. All stuff we need, and I can't believe how much cheaper it is to buy in bulk. Whether it is for your emergency stash of chocolate chips to diapers. You have to buy in quantity to actually get a deal. Or use coupons. I am the coupon queen at this stage. I saved $50 off of our bill tonight!!! It is amazing how buying in larger quantities makes such a difference for meat, cleaning supplies, TP, and kids stuff. If you just go and buy packs of diapers you are almost paying 40 cents each... if you get the box, it brings it down to about 27 cents. You really have to be good at math or be willing to shell out a little extra or do a "big shop" to really see some savings. This is where my past history working as a cashier comes in handy. Funny how it shows up in weird dreams, organizing my money, having a coupon envelope, and searching out deals.

It is like shopping at some stores.. why bother paying full price when you know it will go on sale, or a coupon will get mailed to you? Who I am kidding, I like deals. Collecting points. Seeing some kind of savings.

I am feeling a lot less scattered, the last few weeks have continued to go by too quickly. Getting stuff done is being a bit undermined by the fact that I am having a few issues getting to sleep at a decent time. After finishing my latest pocketbook, I laid there in bed staring at the ceiling. After a half an hour of letting my drift no where fast, I decided it was time to surf.

No comments: