Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day Buzz

All things considered, I didn't gorge myself on turkey this year. Ken and I fall in to that category of folks who probably didn't gain any weight over the holidays. I think we have been lucky to snag 2 square meals a day for the last week.

Has it really only been a week since everything became total chaos in our household? WOW. Brandon is doing well - everything is healing, and he seems to be handling it all. Gettings our feeds in, I am watching him like a hawk, and making sure he gets all his naps. So far so good!

Christmas was good. Spent the first part of the morning together, then visited with my folks, then to Ken's side. We were surrounded by love, got a little spoiled, I was wound up with worry about wearing Brandon down with all the excitement, and in the end, everything worked out well and we called it an early night. This has been the strangest Christmas. I think I found a bit of the spirit, and definitely feel grateful for what we have, but when you get the wind knocked out of your sails but good it takes a bit to get your bearings again.

Of course there were sales galore today, and for the first time ever I made it to a Boxing Day sale and we managed to put a mighty big scorch streak on the ol' vi$a for some retail therapy. Nothing like going out and knowing you are probably going to come home with something big. Just because.

No comments: