Friday, March 13, 2015

Good entry in to the series...

Hello, old friend.  It feels like it has been years since I have read a Heironymous Bosch novel.  I have missed you.  These are great novels.  Maybe because it has been so long since I have read one from this series, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I like that Bosch has aged and moved throughout his career, I am just sad that because of this, it means that one day, Connelly may have to dedicate his time to other characters... (which frankly isn't so terrible).  It is funny how we become attached to certain characters, and we want to know what happens to them next, even if it is just a fiction.  This was a solid novel, and introduced a new partner for Bosch - a fiesty woman with a bit of a storied past.  I enjoyed the banter, and I found as turned the last pages, I had to laugh that Bosch was in trouble again with his superiors, and that the cliffhanger had me checking Connelly's website to make sure that there would be more Bosch in the future.  If you like crime series, this is great.  I lilke that Bosch is a noble, yet flawed bad boy of a character.  He is far from perfect, but his intentions are good.
Spring Break is almost gone! This week off has not really felt like a week off.  Sure, it has been productive, and I feel like we accomplished stuff, but I can't say we did anything spectacular or memorable.  We did get a lot of errands done, spent some time with family, C played his first hockey games and we wound up his season, I read some books, finished off Season One of GOT (who knew, I like it), and I have started knitting a pair of socks for C.  Surprisingly enough - I think that I can finish off a pair of socks for him in about two weeks... then I can make B a pair.  Both have been hankering for new pairs.  Now that I have made 4 pairs, I have a lot more confidence about what I am doing.  I look back a few years when I was making my first pairs, and it was intimidating.  I made a few dishclothes, and I found the cotton felt strange because it was so  much heavier than sock yarn! Even if we both cover a week of SB next year, I think we will need to figure out a weekend trip between the 4 of us.. not going away during a break doesn't really make it feel like much of a break.  I could also whine about that SB does not really need to be 2 weeks long... it feels like the kids are out of school for TOO LONG.  Speaking of great intentions, I had intended to do more work on writing, and math, and letters, and look.. our time is almost done.  Ah well.. put it on the list....
 

No comments: