Monday, March 18, 2013

Shelf Reads

I was speaking to a dear friend who also likes to read as much as I do.  We were talking about the books you buy, and then put on your shelf until you are ready to read them - she called them "shelf reads".  You don't always get to your shelf reads, because there is no pressure to read them until you have nothing else to read, and then dropped them again when something more interesting came my way..  or I put of reading them until they are a book club read, so it is finally time to read them!  A few in this pile I have picked up a few times and tried to read... and I am currently reading 11/22/63.  It is an interesting read, a huge read, but not a quick read.  Then again, I have been damn tired lately.  Last night we weren't in bed late, but I was just tired.  I read for a bit, and then put it down because I just wanted to chill out before I drifted off.  Of course it became one of those nights both kids woke up, and both ended up in our bed.  Reason #23 to have a king sized bed - 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 slightly annoying cat.  I brought my book with me in the hopes I would actually take some proper breaks today.  I will get a long walk in at lunch, but maybe in the afternoon, with the sun still shining, I will escape with my book and get some natural vitamin D for a change!

No comments: