Thursday, September 9, 2010

Out of my head

By the time I left the house this morning, I must admit, I felt pretty frustrated. The stall on the bridge didn't help much either... since then, I have been slowly working my way out my funk.

Last few weeks have been overall frustrating. Last week had my first encounter with Vertigo. It stuck around for just about 4-5 days, and at it's worst, I really felt like I was going out of my head. It took me a while to figure out that it was when I moved my eyes that life got bad. I was so relieved when it lifted - the BC healthbook suggested that after 5 days of vertigo symptoms that it was time to see the doc, so it lifted at the point I would have gotten my ass in to my doc. Made for a crap week, long days at work, head aches, and just not being able to concentrate. The weekend was better - my moving world was lifting and I had a good date night with my hubby.

This week is off at a breakneck pace. Busiest week of the year at work... and then swimming has started for Brandon so it was all about meal planning for the week. Crock pot meal last night (hey.. who knew that they work better when you aren't lifting the lid all the time?? not only that, but fresh mushrooms make for a far better dish than canned mushrooms. Go figure, I will put in the extra minute of effort in the future) and I made a dinner for Friday night which I froze on Sunday. First time truly doing that - but I figure with swimming on Wednesday and Friday nights right at 6... when I get home from work and daycare pick ups at 5:30.. had to be as organized as we possibly could be.

On top of all this, Brandon seems to be going through a growth spurt, and Connor.. well I am not too sure about him, maybe more teething, or a growth spurt, or even a developmental spurt.. but he just doesn't want to go to bed anytime soon.

I would love to have even a 1/2 hour at night with Ken... when the kids aren't asleep until 10:30.. and busiest week of the year... and getting over vertigo... there goes my nights. I have my fingers crossed for tonight - I think I will chase Connor around the backyard for a while and see if that helps..

Reading? My reading has completely stalled out for the last week. I have been so tired, I have barely cracked open a book. At least the house isn't a complete disaster right now... and laundry is somewhat okay... It definitely feels like a semester start up. Speaking of which, break time is over.

No comments: