Saturday, October 6, 2007

Phew.

It's been a damn long week.

So much to say, so little time to sit and just hammer away the keyboard and post some meaning(ful) bits on the old blog.

4 more days of the old job after tomorrow's holiday, and then in for a whole new cup of tea. Well, not so new, but new location, new employer, some new responsibilities, and perhaps that chance for much, much more. It will be interesting to see what a year will do and where I/we are at a year from now.

It was good, got to catch up with a few g'friends on the phone this week - and I am trying to catch up with the rest and not doing so well. The "old" job is getting marginally better - I am getting more of a chance to get caught up, and this week I will wrap up my job and attempt to leave it "in good standing". I don't believe in burning any bridges. I think it will be a few lunches, and on Friday they are going to do a bit of an open house so people can swing by and see me off. 10 years!!! I can't believe it was 10 years ago, as a wet behind the ears kid I started out in my present career.

Now that is a real wake up call that a) I need some new clothes because I know some of the clothes I used to wear 10 years ago are still in my closet and b) Change is not such a bad thing, apparently it is also linked to growth c) with new clothes, comes new shoes! YAY! Hell, I am even considering a jacket - the leather jacket I have is a hand me down from my grandpa... perhaps now we can swing it and get me one that fits me... and no matter how cool that jacket is, it has never been a perfect fit....

Man, sometimes it just smacks you in the face that you make do with what you have, make some shopping excursions, but with an eye on the price tag and the coupons, and the sales to make every dollar stretch to its limit. I think I will try to cut loose a bit in the next few weeks up and pick up some current items - like funky shoes that fit and don't make my feet hurt like hell by the end of the day, that I didn't buy on ebay (that almost fit but you can't really take back).

This whole week feels like a blur of extra hours (trying to not feel the pinch of paying back the overtaken vacation as much) and my last night shifts, and trying to keep our house together, and god only knows what else.

No comments: