Sunday, June 19, 2016

Some days are important to make note of.

Shit. It is already June 20th. How did this happen? Oh yes.  Life hasn't been dramatic, but it has been busy. I like to say that the days slip, and it really does seem to be the way it happens.  You get so caught up in trying to make it through the day, the next few days, the weekend, the week, that all of a sudden a month is gone and your kids are getting big so fast and you look at your spouse and you both have grey hair and I really don't feel that old.

It is Father's Day, and I hope my hubby felt some of the love directed his way from the kids.  He got cool hand made gifts this year.  I also got to see my dad this morning at both of my kid's events, and that was really important.

I really didn't think that lacrosse would be one of those things in Connor's life that would have a huge impact.  This has been a great season.  Connor has improved so much over the last three months, and his team has been great.  Amazing coaches, great parents, and the kids have embraced Connor.  We have found the sport combination between hockey and lacrosse that Connor seems to be finding his place in.  So much for baseball. I really tried.  Lacrosse has been SO MUCH MORE. Finished off a tournament and they went undefeated.  Connor was running, and a guy bounced off of him, and he almost got a goal.  Pure awesome.  They got their medals, which was even better in their eyes!

Brandon has also rode in his yearly riding event.  I really didn't think he would this year, and there were moments I thought he was going to quit.  He didn't.  He chose to stay.  He chose to continue on, and to be a part of the horse show.  He did amazing.  Best ever.  I almost cried and felt a bit overwhelmed. I cannot believe some of the people that have come in to our life and left their mark ever since we started on Brandon's unusual journey with CP and hydrocephalus. I am humbled by some of their grace, and love, and how generous they can be.

I was washed in pride for my kids today. They both did well in their sports.  They were in glorious moments, and it happened on a Father's Day.  How cool is that?

Grade 1 and Grade 4 are almost done.  Brandon is almost done with traditional daycare settings, and Connor has a year or two left. The winds of change are upon us, and things are going to shift again.  It will be amazing to see where the boys are at by the end of the summer.  Some weeks with their folks, some camps, see where they get to.

No comments: