Sunday, March 23, 2014

The writing is slightly better than it's competitor....


I can't say that this book is going to make my "top 10 reads of 2014" list anytime soon.  I picked this one up in our lunchroom out of curiosity since the "50 shades" has sparked off it's own cottage industry of similar novels.  This better writing, perhaps a little more plausible (fractionally in an impossible word) storyline, and still, fodder.

It really didn't take me long to blitz through this read, I don't think I will read the next ones in this series...

Not quite at a loss to say something profound about this book, but there isn't quite a lot to say.  If you are looking for some romantic escape, it is an average read and it does feel pretty predictable. I think I would return to a Nora Roberts, or even better, pick up another Sarah Addison Allen novel.  I think I am looking for a little more something in my reading... :)

No comments: