Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wonderful surprise

This book sat on my "to read" pile for a while.  It came highly recommended (even if parts of it are sad) and I didn't get understand what this was about (somewhat like reading Unbroken a few months ago). 

What an amazing story.  This story is rooted in an historical event and it started off a little slow until I was fully engulfed by the story as it unfolded. 

A completely different novel, and well worth a read.  The women of this novel are memorable, and you are brought to a different understanding of how a time in history could be described.  The writing is very tight and there are passages (or images left behind) that I will remember.  Sorry this one is so short, it seems that time has escaped me this morning and I still need have a few morning errands to run....

No comments: