Wednesday, October 2, 2013

That is the end of my thriller run...

It sounds like it could really be a good book.

It just didn't really do it for me.  I got halfway through and I more or less "took one for the team" to finish this one.

The thing is, Iles has some amazing thoughts and plots, and some characters that really draw you in, but for some reason, the last few I have read really did not do much for me.  I finished this a week ago (thank you magic of setting your own date) and it has already escaped me except for some moments that really made me roll my eyes.  It had a supernatural element that just didn't draw me in.  Interesting, but just not where I wanted this book to go.

This has been an incredibly fast month.  To say work has been busy is an understatement.  It has been a great learning experience, however, I could really do with less intense busy times and all the interruptions.   I cannot wait until Thanksgiving weekend if only to know that this phase of work is done.

So I will return to some more literary haunts for the next few books.  Outside of reading the Dovekeepers next, I am not sure what else is up.  I am definitely trolling for some more interesting reads to add to the list.

No comments: