Monday, April 9, 2007

Those lumps, humps, and bumps.

Ah those Canadians.

Being married to my own Canadian goalie, this video cracked me up, and then some. Well worth the time to check it out. Perhaps if he ever changed his mind about baseball, this would be a viable off season sport, but that isn't happening any time soon.

I may not always flash my maple leafs in overt ways, but I am Canadian and really quite proud of it. Not that extreme nationalism is necessarily a good thing, personally you should be proud of where you are from, the nature of the geography and its peoples, and how it has [subtlety] shaped who you are and the face that you present to the rest of the known universe. I may be a blend of a few other cultures when you look back to where prior generations came from, but those generational threads have been fused together to form my Canadian identity first and foremost, especially that of being from the edges of the west coast.

So without further ado, I love this video by our own ironic princess of rock, Alanis.

No comments: