Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blast off.

Since we signed up for water babies, the last few weeks seem to have been on hyper drive. Could be a sign of things to come, but our days have been crammed full and I can't believe it was just a few days (so it seems) that Brandon was 8 months old. Another month has almost clicked by!!!

We've gotten out for a few great walks, some good visits with friends and family, done some more reorganizing of the house, went down to the Tulip festival, and frittered away the time. I have also been through a bought of spring cleaning - the curtains are washed, a little bit of touch up painting here and there, and slowly my current to do list is starting to dwindle.

Next week we are heading to Cowtown. It seems like forever ago that we booked our trip, and now it is almost a reality. The days are already filling up with lots of visiting, and my dear friend Gilly called last night, gloating, about the fact that it was snowing. Apparently misery loves company and she is quite gleeful we folks from lotus land get to experience some prairie spring. I guess the other rude awakening will be the brown grass everywhere. Who knew? It will be great to get away - aside from day trips, and visits to see Gram on the coast, we haven't been far since we tied the knot. Different scenery will be good for the soul, although I am starting to appreciate just how much I am going to need to pack since we are traveling with an infant!!! And here I was getting better at not bringing the kitchen sink along - now I will have to!!!

No comments: