Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Last post was November? Wow.

Where have the last three months gone?

Likely I will work some revisionist history to fill in some reading gaps, but it is hard to believe that I find myself in the middle of February, finally taking a few moments to consider this thing I still call my blog.

Life is challenging.  It is still sweet, but it certainly requires effort and planning.

So many moving parts, so many ways to stretch, so much you don't realize you can do until you find yourself doing it.

We had a great family holiday in November down to Great Wolf Lodge and Seattle, some amazing side trips in December, like the Polar Express at the West Coast Heritage Railway, saw a play with mom, we cut down our family tree, already these celebrations seem like a long time ago.

We have also had this snow event that started on December 5th and really is only now starting to relent. I never thought I would get tired of snow.  I have.  Our west coast snow wore out it's welcome before Christmas and is rapidly melting now under an onslaught of tropical rain. I am over this snow.  It was exciting, then troubling, and then it took out my dear husband in our driveway.  Concussions suck.  Especially for all the reasons you cannot see. That changed my relationship with our snow this year.  Carving away the snow angel in our driveway, gulping away tears.  Yeah.  Snow doesn't seem so much fun in those moments.

West coasters also don't know how to drive in snow.  So driving down the "hill" was interesting.  We don't seem to get it right for calling snow days... either they are anticlimactic, or when they do get called, it is well past the point of safety and you have to get around the folks that are scared shitless and the wankers that think they can drive the same in the snow as they do every other day.  Makes for some great commutes.

It is hard to make time, take time, carve it out for all the things you want to accomplish in a day.

I am trying really hard to find some balance - watch some good shows, finish some baby blankets, organize our house a little better, god forbid get some exercise...   Let's see if some good intentions can get at least some book posts done.

No comments: